The Concise Oxford-Duden German Dictionary offers a comprehensive guide to the German language, from general vocabulary to specialist and technical terminology, from formal language to slang. The range makes accessible every aspect of the German speaking world of today through meticulous description of its language and its cultural institutions. Based on the evidence of the language databanks maintained and continuously expanded by Oxford University Press and the Dudenverlag, every title in the range provides a more accurate, up-to-date, and complete picture of real languages than has ever been possible before.
Key features of the dictionary include:
- Coverage of over 150,000 words and phrases, and over 250,000 translations
- In-text notes on points of usage and construction
- In-text cultural notes on life in the German-speaking world
- Aid sections helping in understanding idiomatic phrases, compound nouns, and abbreviations
- Completely updated to include the very latest vocabulary
- Easy-access design of the word definitions